Unlock Virgin Mobile: No Software Needed
Need to Unlock your Virgin Mobile? Need to find out what is unlocking? When people talk about unlocking a Virgin Mobile phone, what they mean is disconnecting it from the Virgin Mobile network so that it can be used with any other provider’s network that is compatible with the phone. The next question usually asked after, “What is unlocking?” is can you unlock cell phones for free? So how to you Unlock Virgin Mobile?
That’s where things get a little more complicated. While it is possible that you can unlock cell phones for free, it is more likely that you will have to pay at least a small surcharge. The reason for this is that Virgin Mobile may want to charge you a fee, or bill you an additional month in order to allow you to switch carriers. Also, if they do not give you the unlock code associated with your specific phone’s IMEI number, you will need to purchase it from a third party phone unlocking service.
It may sound like unlocking your cell phone is a difficult process but actually the hard part is navigating the red tape of the cell phone service providers. Actually unlocking your cell phone is straight forward and requires no more knowledge of programming the inner workings of a cell phone than placing a call does.
To start with, you’ll need to notify Virgin Mobile that you want to switch carriers.
If you’re just looking to add an international calling capability for an upcoming trip, but plan to keep Virgin Mobile as your home carrier, they may give you the unlock code for free. If you want to switch carriers altogether, there will probably be a charge.
Next, if they did not give you the unlock code, you’ll need to contact a phone unlocking service with your cell phone make, model, country of use, and IMEI number. For a small fee, they will send you an email containing your unlock code and unlocking instructions specific to your model of phone.
In general, however, these are the instructions you need to follow to unlock a Virgin Mobile phone.
1. Turn your phone on.
2. Enter the following string of characters on the keypad, as if you were placing a call: ##847446#
3. You will be presented with the phone’s programming menu. Scroll down and select the option Activate Phone. Click OK.
4. The phone will ask if you want to activate your phone now. Click Yes.
5. The phone will then tell you to press Start to begin the activation process. Click Start then click OK.
6. Your phone will display your 10-digit phone number. Write it down.
7. Click Finished then click OK.
8. The phone will automatically turn off then turn back on.
Your phone is now unlocked. Once your Virgin Mobile phone is unlocked, you will be able to use it with the GSM carrier of your choice.