Unlock Codes For A Motorola MILESTONE
The Motorola Milestone, the GSM version of the Motorola Droid, was the first Android platform smartphone, released in 2009. Do you need to find an Unlock Codes For A Motorola MILESTONE? It sold a quarter of a million units in the first week, and hit the million unit mark in just over two months. Unlike many touch-screen-only smart phones, the Milestone has a touch screen above a full QWERTY keyboard which can slide out for use when typing text messages, notes, or other long text strings. Two updated versions of the Android operating system have been rolled out to Milestone users since the original release, providing enhanced functionality to the phones.
One thing though that hasn’t been updated automatically with the software releases is the Motorola SIM code that locks the SIM card of the phone. Although the Milestone is a GSM phone that will technically work with any GSM carrier, with the Motorola SIM code locking the SIM card, you can’t use your phone with carriers other than the one from which you purchased it.
When it comes to unlocking phones Motorola phones are not that different from any other manufacturer’s phones. The phones come from the factory unlocked, and the carriers request that Motorola lock them to prevent their customers from getting a free phone from them which is then used with one of their competitors’ services. That means Motorola mobile unlocking is easy to do, since you’re just reversing the procedure Motorola used to lock the phone in the first place.
One big advantage to unlocking phones, Motorola phones as well as others is that you can use SIM cards for carriers that are local to your location when you travel. The resale value of your phone also increases. Motorola mobile unlocking also has no effect on your warranty, and remains in place even after software updates are rolled out from Motorola to update your mobile phone.
Just buy a SIM card and Milestone-specific unlock code from a vendor. The SIM card needs to be associated with a phone carrier other than the one which is your phone carrier.
Once you receive the new SIM card and unlock code, you don’t need anything else. Simply follow these steps to unlock your Milestone.
1. Power off your phone.
2. Remove your existing SIM card, and replace it with the new SIM card for a carrier other than the one which is your current carrier.
3. Power on your phone.
4. The phone will ask you to enter your network unlock code and request that you enter the subsidy code.
5. Simply enter the unlock code you were given.
That’s all there is to unlocking your Motorola mobile phone! You are now able to use your Motorola Milestone with any GSM carrier.
The Motorola MILESTONE is a smartphone than runs on the 2.3.7 Gingerbread Android OS. Despite not being a bad phone, there was no features that made it stand out from the crowd. Unfortunately, it seemed quite typical of Motorola’s recent form that has failed to keep up with Samsung or Apple, or even HTC for that matter.
Nevertheless the specs are reasonable and if you do own a Motorola MILESTONE it’s not a bad thing. If you are looking for a cell unlock code for your Moto you have come to the right place. We have unlocked many phones and if you follow our instructions it will no doubt run smoothly.
The fact is, unlocking a mobile phone is not a difficult thing to do, it’s simply a matter of knowing what you are doing, and that is where we come in.
Around 1.5 million cell phones are sold on eBay ever year with a good percentage of those phones being pre-owned. Quite a competitive market if you are considering selling on buying one. With that said, users who are considering purchasing a phone will likely see numerous sversions of the exact handset they are looking for sale at any one time.
When they do, chances are they will go for an unlocked phone before considering one that isn’t. Not only will unlocking a phone increase its saleability, the seller will likely be able to command a higher price for it as well.
Another gain from unlocking a mobile is that users are free to change providers. No longer will you have to sit there seeing advertisements for great tariffs that you can’t have because you’re on a different network. Simply jump ship and opt for the one that suits you best.
- The first thing to do is switch the phone on and type in the following *#06#
- The purpose of this is to get the IMEI number, when typed in correctly this should appear on the screen. It’s generally around 15-17 characters long.
- OK, make a note of the IMEI number. Make sure you do this accurately as this number is unique to your cell phone. No other phone, Motorola or otherwise will have the same number.
- Forward this number to us, along with the make which in this case is Motorola, and the model MILESTONE together with an e-mail address that you currently use.
- We will then forward you what is called the MEP number along with precise instructions on how to unlock your phone. It’s simple, doesn’t take long and your phone should be ready to go in next to no time.